-
August 15th, 2001, 09:19 AM
#41
Site Administrator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G3-TEG:
ok.. i looked into it some more... I'll just post the price list from Hondata's website here:
Stage Price Description
1 No longer available
2 $345 Factory VTEC controller, user adjustable rev limits, shift light and speed limiter removed
3 $495 Two stage rev limiter for drag launch, full throttle shift + all stage 2 features
4 $895 Real time datalogging and ROMeditor for custom fueling and ignition maps + all stage 3 features
2b $645 Factory VTEC controller, user adjustable revlimits mapped for up to 29 lb boost + shift light
3b $790 Two stage rev limiter for drag launch and full throttle shift, mapped for boost + all stage 2b features
4b $1190 Datalogging and ROMeditor for custom fueling and ignition maps for boost + all stage 3b features
Installation charge to upgrade your ECU $50. (no cores)
Upgrades (not available separately)
Datalogging $250 Upgrade for stage 2 and 3 ( $200 if purchased with a system)
Boost $345 (stock MAP sensor) 11lb upgrade for stages 2, 3 and 4 ( $295 if purchased with a system)
Boost $445 (replacement MAP sensor) 29lb upgrade for stages 2, 3 and 4 ( $395 if purchased with system)
The GB price for Stage 2b (boost only) is the EXACT same as their retail price, however you get the intake manifold gasket for free. So you save $60.. better deal than if you just got stage 2 without boost. Not necessarily fair for those that aren't boosted.
Stage 3 without boost you are in essence only saving $10 as well. With boost you save $60 since the price is the same at $790 but you are getting the gasket for free.
The same deal hold true for stage 4 with and without boost.
Doesn't sound like much of a savings to me, especially if you aren't boosted. For any stage if you are getting the NO BOOST option, you are saving $10 and shipping fees.
Can someone clarify if i'm being misled here? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I will check in to it. You guys are killen
me 
------------------
...Steven
HostBoard Administrator
Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!
-
August 15th, 2001, 10:23 AM
#42
Inactive Member
Okay what is this Real time datalogging and ROMeditor for custom fueling and ignition maps?????? Does this require tunin from your PC, Dyno??? Or what???? What is this full throttle shift?????? I'm interested in the deal but not exactly sure so i'll email you if i want in. Tryin to gather all my information and deals first. Which stages you guyz recommend on a 01 GSR with Drag III boostinn at 5psi stock internals. Later on i'll boost more. Whats the safe amount of boost a 01 GSR can handle with stock internals???? Goin with a standalone management like Hondata what does it help??? Advantages and disadvantages??? Thanks for all the help.
-
August 15th, 2001, 10:59 AM
#43
Inactive Member
Maybe it's just me but Hondata's website is a little unclear about some things.... Product looks kick a$$ though.
[This message has been edited by 11psiGSR (edited August 15, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 05:38 PM
#44
-
August 15th, 2001, 09:46 PM
#45
Inactive Member
Sonnyballs,
I have a 1994 LS so I wont need the VTEC controller. Also my ECU is already socketed so all I will have to do is solder in the 4 pin connector. (I emailed Doug) Thanks for the replys though guys!
Later
[This message has been edited by coop94ls (edited August 15, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 09:48 PM
#46
Inactive Member
1QuickSI,
Count me in for Stage 2b and the RC 440 Injectors.
Correct me if Im wrong here
ECU stage 2b -----------$645
RC 440 Injectors-----------$299
HeatShieldGasket-----------FREE
Shipping -----------FREE
-------------------------------
Total -----------$944
What if I live in Houston, Texas and there are no dealers here to get the free $100 worth of tuning? What else can they do for me?
My ECU is already socketed. All they would have to do is send me the stuff and I will have to solder in the 4 pin connector and plug everything in.
-
August 15th, 2001, 11:23 PM
#47
Inactive Member
Sorry about the late reply, I have a 95 LS, what do I need to make it work at 9 psi of boost?
-
August 16th, 2001, 01:57 PM
#48
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coop94ls:
1QuickSI,
Count me in for Stage 2b and the RC 440 Injectors.
Correct me if Im wrong here
ECU stage 2b -----------$645
RC 440 Injectors-----------$299
HeatShieldGasket-----------FREE
Shipping -----------FREE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Coopls,
Im in Houston too.. I'm getting the exact thing as you are (stage 2 w/ boost and 440cc injectors), but also an AEM fpr if the deal for it goes through. I talked to Doug a few days ago and the closest dealer is in Arlington (4 hrs away). I'm considering bring my car up there for installation and getting it properly tuned. BTW, ECU installation is free. If you're thinking of going up there, we can schedule a day and go together. -john
-
August 16th, 2001, 02:00 PM
#49
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blownintegra:
Sorry about the late reply, I have a 95 LS, what do I need to make it work at 9 psi of boost?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
8psi pulley plus Hondata stage 2 with basic map boost (good for boost up to 11psi), 440cc injectors, aem fpr...hey!!! that's my setup !!! 
-
August 16th, 2001, 02:24 PM
#50
Inactive Member
Okay, I have a question...why the hell is the groupbuy price is more expensive than regular price (not including the gasket and all).
Groupbuy: Stage 2 with boost only $645
Website : stage 2 = $345
boost = $295 (if purchased w/ the system)
total = $640 !!! WTF???
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks